Her Sport are thrilled to announce the launch of our new Campaign #DoItForHer and the“MVP”
Membership Platform on Tuesday, October 11th “International Day of the Girl”.
Her Sport spoke to several young girls between the ages of 8 and 13 to hear their thoughts on sport
and gender equality. It’s clear from their stories that girls believe there is less opportunity and support for them in sport. While there has been some progress, it’s evident that there’s still a long way to go and now is the time to #DoItForHer.
Get involved in the movement and #DoItForHer. Share a photo/video/story on social media of your “Her”. Is it your daughter, your partner, your sister, your mom, your friend or even yourself?
Our mission at Her Sport is to use sport as a tool to foster gender equality and empower girls and
women. We started Her Sport due to the clear underrepresentation of women’s sport in the media and to change things for girls and women of the future. The statistics are startling.
● Just 6% of sports media coverage in Ireland goes to women’s sport, despite the fact that 41%
of participants in sport are women.
● Twice as many girls drop out of sport by the age of 14 as boys - with just 7% of girls meeting
the recommended physical activity levels.
● 87% of Irish girls have low self-esteem; the lowest globally.
Everyday we strive to create real change, and we want you to be part of it. Support our campaign
further by becoming one of Her Sport’s Most Valuable Players (MVPs) by joining our MVP
Membership Platform to help women and girls in sport.
Your contribution as an MVP
For the price of a coffee you can become a Her Sport MVP and support our mission, all while
receiving unique and exclusive monthly benefits. We endeavour to continue to bring free content to all of the Her Sport community. Your contribution ensures our small team can continue to deliver quality journalism and give female athletes the coverage they deserve. It also helps us provide educational workshops in schools and clubs around the country on a variety of important subjects.
Each contribution is valuable in creating a cultural shift and helps us achieve our goals of levelling the playing field for girls and women in sport. #DoItForHer
The benefits members will receive include;
● Free tickets to sports events
● Exclusive early bird access to Her Sport events
● Exclusive Her Sport merchandise discounts
● Exclusive discounts with partner brands
● Entry into a monthly competition for a great prize
● A personal note from the Her Sport Team with behind-the-scenes information
● Input and feedback on product offerings
● Your name on the Her Sport wall of fame
● Making a real difference
Connect with Her Sport on Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Tik Tok.