Seven months on from their last outing, the Six Nations returns for Ireland as they take on Italy this afternoon.
Ireland and Leinster centre, Sene Naoupu will be leading the charge for the Irish fight as the rescheduled tournament returns.
Today’s game’s in the Championship will for the first time see both the men ad women’s side share the same jersey design. Aspiring young girls and boys as well as supporters will be able to purchase replicas of the exact shirts their idols wear on the pitch.
Guinness teamed up with Irish International and Leinster rugby player, Sene Naoupu to announce their support of the sale of the new Irish Women’s Rugby team jerseys across its retail stores.
“It’s absolutely phenomenal,” said Naoupu of Guinness’s support of the women’s team. “I’m incredibly proud to partner with Guinness one of the biggest brands in the world.”
“They are supporting the Irish women’s national team at a time when this is exactly what needs to happen.”
Ahead of their return to action, Naoupu is both excited and optimistic that they can hit the ground running and calls it a priveldge to don the green jersey.
“The squad have been preparing as well over the last number of weeks for this very game against Italy,” she said.
“The 23 that get selected have both the responsibility and privilege to see whether we can execute certain things we have been working really hard on.”
Subscribe to Her Sport’s YouTube channel for more videos, follow us on Instagram, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter for the latest sporting news and content.
Ireland Team & Replacements (v Italy, Energia Park, Saturday 24th October 2020, KO 18.30, Women’s Six Nations Championship)
- Eimear Considine (UL Bohemian/ Munster) 15 caps
- Lauren Delany (Sale Sharks/ IQ Rugby) 11 caps
- Enya Breen (UL Bohemian/ Munster) 7 caps
- Sene Naoupu (Old Belvedere/ Leinster) 37 caps
- Béibhinn Parsons (Blackrock College/ Connacht) 7 caps
- Hannah Tyrrell (Old Belvedere/ Leinster) 16 caps
- Kathryn Dane (Old Belvedere/ Ulster) 9 Caps
- Lindsay Peat (Railway Union/ Leinster) 30 caps
- Cliodhna Moloney (Wasps/ IQ Rugby) 22 caps
- Linda Djougang (Old Belvedere/ Leinster) 8 caps
- Nichola Fryday (Blackrock College/ Connacht) 14 caps
- Ciara Cooney (Wasps / IQ Rugby) 21 caps
- Dorothy Wall (Blackrock College/ Munster) 3 caps
- Claire Molloy (Wasps / IQ Rugby) 69 caps
- Ciara Griffin (UL Bohemian/ Munster) (capt) 32 caps
- Neve Jones (Malone/ Ulster)*
- Katie O’Dwyer (Railway Union/ Leinster)*
- Laura Feely (Blackrock College/ Connacht) 15 caps
- Brittany Hogan (Ballynahinch/ Ulster)*
- Hannah O’Connor (Blackrock College/ Leinster) 1 cap
- Ailsa Hughes (Railway Union/ Leinster) 11 caps
- Larissa Muldoon (Railway Union/ Leinster) 47 caps
- Katie Fitzhenry (Blackrock College/ Leinster) 13 caps