Her Sport is the leading multi-platform sports media and sports content brand for women’s sport in Ireland. We deliver top quality video, audio, podcast and written sports content across our website and every major social media platform, to our rapidly growing community.
We are looking for a Multimedia Digital Journalist to join our team on a full-time basis. The successful candidate will form part of a growing Digital sports team as well as being provided possible opportunities for on camera appearances with Ireland’s no.1 sports publisher for Women’s Sports.
What you will do:
- Work with our team to get the most eyes and ears on the quality content that Her Sport produces on a daily basis.
- Create vibrant digital sports content which our community love and want to return to.
- Edit, cut and publish video across all our social media platforms, covering Her Sport show content, Digital Commercial requirements, press conferences, etc. on a daily basis.
- Work alongside the Her Sport Production team to meet KPI’s for videos views and digital audio listening.
- Track and analyze digital data across all platforms on a daily basis.
- Delivering original news and reacting to breaking stories.
- On the field at live events and conferences to find unique angles to report the best material in real time.
- Writing top quality feature pieces.
- Bringing new and exciting ideas to be executed in the written word and on broadcast.
- Supplying the demand for good and extensive coverage around big games and tournaments with an understanding of the fast pace of the industry.
- Other requirements
- Must have written editing experience with a knowledge of WordPress, and a deep interest in Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, TikTok, and website performance. Experience in video and audio would be an additional bonus.
- Understanding of journalistic principles and practices.
- Great attention to detail.
- Experience producing clean copy under tight deadlines.
- The ability to work to deadline - quickly edit, editorialise and cross-publish all Her Sport video and audio to our digital audience.
- Understanding of social media analytics across each platform
- KPI-driven, with an understanding that numbers & performance is the priority.
- Must be available and willing to work weekends.
- Demonstrate an ability to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining high quality written, video and audio content.
- Versatility, and the ability to adapt and engage in a dynamic and supportive team environment.
- And it goes without saying - strong interest in women’s sports is essential!
What You’ll Get:
- Playing a lead role in the content created by Ireland’s leading female sports content publisher.
- Access to the leading sports stars throughout Ireland and abroad.
- Tickets for sporting matches, events.
- The opportunity for on-air contribution.
Please send your application to [email protected] including: cover letter, cv & examples of written & audio/video work.