The Rugby Football Union (RFU) and the Rugby Players Association (RPA) released the names of 32 English senior women players that will receive new three-year contracts - an increase from the 30 contracts offered than last season.
The contracts were announced in early June and will span over three seasons up to 2026. They will also cover the 2025 Rugby World Cup that takes place in England. The contracts were awarded to players in varied lengths.
In February, the RFU had implemented a new maternity policy that allowed players a contractual 26 weeks of paid leave and included funds for children under a year-old to travel with the parents to games. Two players that are set to go on maternity leave will remain on contract.
"The new contracts are a significant development and a mark of the advancement in the women’s game since they were first awarded," said Executive Director of Performance Conor O'shea, in June.
Contracts will be classified into five tiers on a sliding scale, reported the Telegraph. Players in the highest bracket will see an 37 percent increase in their salaries. Their salary is set to increase more by July 2025, for the World Cup.
The Telegraph also reported that players are guaranteed a payment of 1,500 Euro for any international appearance.
Out of all 32 players, only one player awarded a contract plays the scrum half position. The scrum-half is the link between the forwards and the backs.
The contracts, in addition to the World Cup and salaries, will cover commercial and community engagement initiatives, and match fees. The RFU and RPA also announced that there has been six transition contracts awarded. Two additional contracts will be offered in the end of the year.
The List of the Contracted Players:
- Holly Aitchison (Bristol Bears)
- Zoe Aldcroft (Gloucester-Hartpury)
- Sarah Beckett (Gloucester-Hartpury)
- Sarah Bern (Bristol Bears)
- Hannah Botterman (Bristol Bears)
- Jess Breach (Saracens)
- Mackenzie Carson (TBC)
- Poppy Cleall (Saracens)
- Kelsey Clifford (Saracens)
- Amy Cokayne (Leicester Tigers)
- Vickii Cornborough (Harlequins)
- Lark Davies (Bristol Bears)
- Abby Dow (Ealing Trailfinders)
- Rosie Galligan (Saracens)
- Zoe Harrison (Saracens)
- Tatyana Heard (Gloucester-Hartpury)
- Megan Jones (Leicester Tigers)
- Sadia Kabeya (Loughborough)
- Ellie Kildunne (Harlequins)
- Alex Matthews (Gloucester-Hartpury)
- Claudia MacDonald (Exeter)
- Maud Muir (Gloucester-Hartpury)
- Cath O'Donnell (Loughborough)
- Morwenna Talling (Sale Sharks)
- Lucy Packer (Harlequins)
- Marlie Packer (Saracens)
- Connie Powell (Harlequins)
- Amber Reed (Bristol Bears)
- Helena Rowland (Loughborough)
- Emily Scarratt (Loughborough)
- Emma Sing (Gloucester-Hartpury)
- Abbie Ward (Bristol Bears)
Transition contracted players:
- Maisy Allen (Exeter)
- Grace Clifford (Loughborough)
- Katie Buchanan (Exeter)
- Lizzie Duffy (Sale Sharks)
- Lilli Ives Campion (Loughborough)
- Nancy McGillivary (Exeter)